The first time we had to answer the question can we make biscuits with pancake mix was back in February 2013 and the snow was deep! We were snowed in for 3 days after the Blizzard of 2013 dumped upwards of 3 feet of snow across Long Island. To say we weren’t ready for it is an understatement. With the plows not moving and no relief in sight we set out to see if you could make biscuits with pancake mix.
Make Biscuits with Pancake Mix
- 2 1/2 Cups of your favorite Pancake Mix
- 1/3 Cup of water
- 1/4 Cup of Melted Butter
- 1 Egg
- Pre-Heat the oven to 400 degrees
- Mix all of the ingredients until they form a soft dough
- Pull the dough out on to a lightly floured surface and knead gently.
- Using a rolling pin, roll the dough out until it is a 1/2 inch thick
- With a Biscuit Cutter cut out the biscuits.
- Place the cut out dough onto a baking sheet. I like to use parchment paper to save on clean up afterwards.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- We like them with butter and honey!
These turned out pretty well and if stuck in a pinch again I would make them. They were a bit different than the regular Bisquick drop biscuits that we make, but it is good to know that we can make biscuits with pancake mix. We always have a big box of pancake mix in the pantry, hopefully we won’t have 3 feet of snow to contend with anytime soon! Check out 101 Things to do With Pancake Mix for more great ideas on what you can do with Pancake Mix.
If you liked this post check out:
Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to keep the content train rolling