Please Consider “Liking” The Backyard Pioneer on Facebook to keep up with all our happenings. . .
- 2 Dozen Littleneck Clams
- 1.5 lbs Large Shrimp
- 1.5 lbs Smoked Sausage (cut into 1″ chunks, we used kielbasa)
- 1.5 lbs Baby Red Potatoes cut in half
- 6 Ears of Corn cut into 1/3rds
- Head of Garlic
- 4 Tbs Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 Lemon, Cut in half
- 1 Tbs Salt
- 3 Bay Leaves
- Black Pepper to taste
- Start 2 gallons of water boiling with the salt, pepper, Old Bay, Garlic, Bay Leaves, and Garlic added
- When the water is at a good rolling boil add the Corn and Potatoes.
- 5 minutes later add the clams.
- 5 minutes more and the shrimp and smoked sausage.
- Let them go for another 5 minutes and take it off the heat and out of the pot.
We like to have a loaf of good crusty bread to soak up the briny broth! This recipe serves 5 adults nicely. For about $40 you can have a hearty meal with a Summer Shore feel to it!
If you like what you read here on The Backyard Pioneer please consider subscribing to receive e-mail notifications or check me out on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, or my RSS Feed. All of these are available on the top right of this page.
Brought to you by:
Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to keep the content train rolling