Black Beans are such a staple of food storage that I’m always searching for a quick and easy way to cook them.
- 1 Tbs Oil or Fat (I use Bacon Fat)
- 2 Tbs Sofrito
- 1/2 tsp Adobe
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 15oz Can of Black Beans
- In a medium sauce heat the oil or fat over a low heat.
- Add the Sofrito and saute for 2-3 minutes
- Add the Adobe and Garlic Powder
- Add the cans of beans with the liquid.
- Bring to a simmer for 10 minutes.
These beans are among my favorites. They can be made with dried beans but then you must reserve some of the liquid that they cooked in.
If you like what you read here on The Backyard Pioneer please consider subscribing to receive e-mail notifications or check me out on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, or my RSS Feed. All of these are available on the top right of this page.
Brought to you by:
Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to keep the content train rolling