If you don’t want to drag out the Grandma’s Cast Iron Skillet but still want great bacon (sort of an oxymoron, like there is un-great bacon out there!) try making it in the oven.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Arrange the bacon on a rack on the lined baking sheet.
- Place the set-up into the oven and turn in on to 400 degrees.
- Walk away!
- Come back in 15 or so minutes and check on it. Depending onhow you like your bacon it might be done now. If you want it crispier give it a few more minutes.
- Take it out and place it onto a paper towel lined plate.
- EAT IT, it is the food of the Gods after all!!!
One nice thing about thing about lining the sheet with foil is that it makes a hand spout for pouring the bacon fat into a mason jar for saving it. You are saving your bacon fat, right?
If you like what you read here on The Backyard Pioneer please consider subscribing to receive e-mail notifications or check me out on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, or my RSS Feed. All of these are available on the top right of this page.
Brought to you by:
Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to keep the content train rolling