Beer, Cheese, and Sausage soup is a surprisingly easy yet hearty meal that can be whipped up in an hour or so. We had it for dinner on Sunday night and we loved it.
- 3 Potatoes (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Medium Onion (diced)
- 3 C. Water
- 12oz Dark Beer
- 1 lb of sausage (uncased and browned)
- 1 lb of shredded cheese (I used a 50/50 blend of Cheddar and Pepper Jack)
- 1 C. Milk
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- Add the Potatoes and the water to a large saucepan and bring to a simmer.
- When the potatoes have softened a bit add the onions, sausage, beer,salt, and pepper
- Simmer until the potatoes are soft.
- Add the Milk and Cheese. Keep stirring until the cheese is all melted in.
- If the soup isn’t thick enough for you make a slurry of broth and corn starch to thicken.
Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to keep the content train rolling