Roasted Butternut Squash Soup
Squash of all sizes shapes and varieties have been popping up around “ye olde homestead” and in our quest to find new and exciting ways to have them my wife cobbled together Roasted Butternut Squash Soup and it was excellent homestyle cooking!
- 1 Butternut Squash (peeled and cubed)
- 4 Medium Carrots (peeled and chopped)
- 1 Large Onion (peeled and cut into wedges)
- 4 Garlic cloves (peel ’em and give ’em a smash)
- 2 Tbs Olive Oil
- 6 C. Chicken Stock
- Salt & Pepper
- Herbs de Provence (Thyme, Lavender, Fennel Seeds, Basil, Savory)
- Pre-heat oven to 400, give the veggies a quick toss in the olive oil to coat with the salt, pepper, and Herbs de Provence to taste. Put them on a baking sheet and into the oven to roast for 45 minutes. Give them a stir about 25 minutes into roasting.
- Take them out of the oven and in small batches work them through a blender or food processor with the chicken stock. We pour the batches into a pot and bring it to a simmer, so don’t worry if the batches aren’t all the same consistency, they get all mixed back together anyway
This soup is awesome and tastes like Fall! We like it with a dollop of sour cream, to add just a bit more creaminess.
Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables me to keep the content train rolling